The Enneagram is an archetypal typology that offers in-depth insight into personality, motivation and similarities. It is a most useful tool in self-transformation work and offers deep insight and sense-making of personality consisting of 9 core Enneagram types and 27 subtypes. It is an extensively researched instrument which does not box people and opens various pathways into understanding and exploring core personality traits (The Integrative Enneagram workbook, Lucille Greeff & Dirk Cloete). The Enneagram assists with the journey of self-realisation and consciousness on a self-level.
The application for the Integrative Enneagram is far-reaching but the focus of my work with the Enneagram is on creating deeper self-understanding in order to consolidate one’s personal power on the journey of self-realisation within organisations. Once personal power is scaffolded, the individual can become congruent with their personal values and highest potential. The impact of self-empowered people in organisations contribute strongly to higher performance and success of the organisation as well as the career of the individual. It supports a sense of empowerment and will therefore strengthen the employee and the organisation. This tool can be used for individual development in coaching/mentoring, in teams to harness and develop team, as well as in leadership development. The Enneagram offers unlimited possibilities for growth, personal development and insight and as such is a powerful tool in the development of leadership efficacy.
Insights Discovery is a methodology (a tool) that is based on the seminal work of Carl Gustav Jung, a world renowned Swiss psychiatrist and psychoanalyst. It uses the language of colour as the gateway to five areas of effectiveness: individuals, teams, organisations, sales and leadership (Andy Lothian, CEO of Insights). It delivers measurable positive results for your organisation improving performance and creating lasting change at all levels in the organisation. Insights Discovery can enable your people and culture in many ways, some of which are:
• To make it possible for people at all levels to gain a deeper understanding of their own preferences and personality styles
• The enabling of ongoing personal growth
• The celebration of the uniqueness of every individual and enabling people to embrace themselves and others through increased self-awareness and knowledge
• Increased personal effectiveness and team effectiveness
• To help foster a culture of shared openness and honesty, thus building trust and healthy conflict resolution channels
• To create a container or a framework of shared understanding in a business through a shared language
• It is a magnificent tool to use for team effectiveness and leadership development work as it enables a natural progression from personal effectiveness to team effectiveness.
The Insights methodology has been proven to be a highly effective way of introducing personal effectiveness into an organisation and can be used for individuals, in small groups or teams. The magical value is in the ability to use this tool on a small or extensive scale in your organisation as key enabler for leadership and culture development. It can easily be built into various programmes and works particularly well as enabler of Values Based Leadership. The Insights Discovery Personal Profile can be used for many different conversations and interventions over an extended period of time. It is the ideal tool to engage your organisation’s people in an inclusive and powerful way.